Dealing With Problem Of Privacy In Conferences/ Meeting
COVID-19 has brought drastic changes in how things used to happen and how they are happening. For example, business deals, communication, and negotiations are taking place through conferences or meetings. Do you think they are safe and effective? Well, maybe no because when you interacted with your suppliers’ face to face for a business deal, there used to be a personal touch, which delivered better results. Since interactions started taking place through conferences or meetings, there is a lack of personal touch, and the privacy in conferences/ meeting is also at risk.
Conferences and Meeting Presents Unique Privacy Issues
Keeping personal information under tight security? Well, then do this for your business model, products, and corporate secrets as well. It may shock you, but this information can be leaked during a conference or meeting. So before your next Chiefway Optronics Malaysia conference or meeting, plan to secure the following information:
- Personal Information: Personal information includes name, address, phone number, or even bank accounts. These are in danger due to the participants participating in the meeting and the unsecured online conference. Never share sensitive information about yourself or others in the meeting.
- Recordings: Some businesses harness conferencing software to give online workshops on advancing skills or getting ahead in their profession for better stability in their careers. For these workshops, presenters should ensure the prohibition of pirated recordings. Use a conferencing agent that prohibits this.
- Shared Desktop: Presenters unexpectedly display the participant’s personal or pirated information on the desktop. If you need to perform this action, make sure that windows and tabs not connected to the conference are closed. Also, disable email and phone notifications.
- Data Transmission: Conference is not limited to a specific area that means participants overseas can attend the conference. This is both advantageous and dangerous as you can have international clients or business in different countries. However, if there are copyright issues, then sharing products at the conference time can lead to duplication of the product. It can either result in your competitor having increased business or you getting fewer sales.
- Open doors: As soon as the meeting ends, deny access to your organization’s conference software. It is advisable to change the login information before every meeting, even if it takes place within the company and has the same participants, to “lockout” participants post-meeting.
Privacy Tips for Protecting Private Information in Conferences/ Meeting
Here are some tips for companies facing the problem of privacy concern during conferences:
- Make sure only invited members to join the conference.
- Make use of the tool that restricts access to conferences.
- Turn on the video camera or microphone.
- Check whether the conference is recorded or not.
- Share screen only after closing the windows and tabs.
Also, regularly check updates and update the conferencing software from time to time. And put the best conferencing practices to use. This also ensures that the online material is shared only with the employees of the companies.